After six weeks of competition (and the DNAFit South Africa team trying their best to stay in shape right before the festive period) the #DNAFitSweetAbChallenge is finally over. Here’s a round-up of our results
Six weeks ago, our wellness team challenged DNAFit South Africa to developing a set of washboard Summer Abs. If you missed our post on what the #DNAFitSweetAbChallenge is all about, you can catch up here.
The challenge was made up of two parts:
- No sugar or sugar substitutes for six weeks (diet)
- Planking every day for six weeks (fitness)
If you’ve been eagerly waiting for the results of the challenge, here they are...
Here’s what we learnt during the #DNAFitSweetAbChallenge
After the initial benchmarking stage of seeing where everyone’s fitness was currently at, 6 weeks later we saw fantastic positive results across the board with the averages improving exponentially.
The whole team experienced the importance of following a healthy balanced diet and a regular training programme.
The final results showed
- Plank times almost doubling simply from regular training
- A decrease in waist circumference (which is always a little confidence boost)
- A decrease in visceral fat (deep abdominal fat - the dangerous kind)
- More stable blood glucose levels
- More awareness surrounding what is healthy and how to be the best version of yourself
At DNAFit, we measured everyone on the following criteria:
- Blood glucose level (optional)
- Waist Circumference
- Planking time
- Visceral fat (optional)
Summary of the final overall results
The winners of the challenge were Jotika Behari (Risk Management) and Phiwo Gumede (Sports Scientist)
DNAFit is committed to long-term sustainable fitness and nutrition. The aim of this challenge was to show that:
- It is possible to eat food that tastes great while still being healthy (without added sugar)
- You’ll feel better when you’re regularly exercising
- Results are not as hard to come by as you think!
- Every time you choose healthy food or decide to put even 10 minutes aside per day to exercise you’re benefiting your body and overall health
Did you participate in our #DNAFitSweetAbChallenge?
We want to know if you participated in the #DNAFitSweetAbChallenge…
Take a picture of yourself eating healthy, cutting out that sugar, or planking and developing those abs and we’ll feature you on DNAFit. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #DNAFitSweetAbChallenge so we know where to find you!
Want to get involved?
If you want to improve your own fitness and nutrition right in time for the holiday season then follow our step-by-step guides that require only the slightest lifestyle adaptations for maximum results. We’ve already seen how everyone at DNAFit has improved their own health and now it’s your turn!
Download our list of sugar to avoid
Download our planking exercise training plan
Now, this doesn’t mean to say that we’re quite done with staying fit and healthy… We’ve got many more challenges coming up in the new year (watch this space)!