Transform yourself this Halloween with these monstrous exercises that'll help you burn away the excess and reach a new level of scary fit.
The witching hour is upon us and no matter your age, you must be thinking about how you’re going to burn off all that trick ‘r treat candy and the rest of the excess that goes with a Halloween night.
Whether you’re planning on staying inside and watching scary movies all night, munching on sweets and popcorn, or if you’re going out dressed up for an intimate gathering, we know that halloween night usually means straying away from your health goals.
But not to worry!
We’ve put together the toughest exercises for you to challenge yourself with and keep in shape and on track, looking forward to the new year and kickstarting your resolutions early (yes, the year is almost over, can you believe it!?)
All tricks, no treats!
- Burpees: Start in standing position, then squat with your hands on the floor, then do a push up, then go back to the squat with hands on the floor and finally jump up with hands overhead.
- Bulgarian Squats: First find a bench that is about knee height where you can rest your one foot on, the leading leg will need to be around half a meter in front of the bench in a lunging position, lower thigh until your thigh is parallel to the ground and make sure your knee doesn't extend past your toes and then go back to starting position.
- Stiff leg good morning: Start in an upright position with barbell resting on shoulders, legs should be positioned shoulder width apart, then you would lower the torso by bending at the hips while keeping your back straight until your torso is parallel to the floor then lift back up to starting position.
- Pull Ups: Hang from a pull up bar with arms full extended, then when pulling your chest towards the bar do not swing your body for momentum, once you clear the bar with your chin then you would lower yourself back down to the starting position.
- Diamond Push Up: Get into a push up, just with your hands making a triangle shape and then do the push up with that grip.
- 30 Sec Interval Row: Flat out row for 30 seconds using all of your energy and then rest for 30 seconds and repeat for 10 times.
If you can conquer these, you can conquer your fears and scare the living daylights out of your friends and family when you show them how you’ve transformed yourself.
Get Healtth Fit for some personalised fitness plan for those trying to improve their fitness.
Stay up to date with the latest tips, trends and advice from the DNAfit wellness team. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, and we’ll send you more helpful content straight to your inbox! Just fill in the form below. 👇